Integrated control and monitoring of the overall system
All process related sensors and actuators such as diesel engines and electric or hydraulic motors and valves are controlled in one integrated system. This results in an optimally tuned, safe and environmentally friendly system. All relevant information is readily at your disposal from a reliable redundant server.
IDA provides process information and control with the following features:
- Suction Tube Position Visualization
- Production monitoring
- Monitoring and control of dredge valves, jet valves and flushing valves
- Monitoring and control of dredge pumps, jet pumps, bottom doors, the hydraulic system, diesel or electric engines, and optionally spud poles or conveyor belts
- Monitoring of tank capacity
- Alarm monitoring and data logging
Intuitive, task-oriented user interface
IDA is as intuitive and as easy to use as a modern smart phone. The operator console is an ideal combination of simultaneous multi-display visualizations, instruments and controls.
Dredge and jet valves are controlled in task-oriented sequences such as: trailing, discharge, hopper dewatering, ballast, degassing, nozzle cleaning and desalination. This makes IDA easy to use for an operator. Extensive training is not needed, because relevant information is available with each task.
Productivity boost through intelligent automation
Automated control allows the dredger to operate close to its optimum levels without emotion or getting tired. To support operators, IDA has intelligent functions that increase production, safety and availability, such as Anti Cavitation System, Automatic Tube Overboard and Intelligent Density Control. New functions are continuously under development and will be integrated in the current installed base.
Process information is visualized on multiple locations (captain, dredge master, engine room, etc.). If an internet connection is available, logged data can be transmitted real-time to shore. With that functionality, IDA not only assists the ship’s crew, but also shore support officers and the management team in making decisions that will optimize production and reduce operating costs.
IDA is prepared for future enhancements:
- Easy adaptation to specific wishes due to the modular architecture of both software and hardware
- Free updates keep automation in an excellent, state-of-the-art condition during the whole life span of the dredger
- Future system extensions can be readily incorporated
IDA is a cost effective method of increasing dredging production. We aim for a profitable mutual cooperation with a commitment to increase your dredging production.
The modular network based system reduces costs e.g. wiring runs during installation, overhaul and installation of new equipment.