1. Is IDA a PLC-SCADA system?
In the 1990’s PLC-SCADA systems, already successful in industrial applications, were introduced on dredgers. Their application increased productivity dramatically. Today again a leap in production can be made by recreating dredging automation: transforming dredgers into intelligent machines that learn during operation.
2. How does IDA work?
The IDA system provides dredgers with the following functionality:
- acquire signals from sensors (pressures, suction tube angles, digital signals, etc.) or send control signals to actuators (pumps , valves, etc.) via local connection boxes over a network,
- process these signals in real time in order to compute relevant information such as position of the equipment, progress of the work and safety of the dredger,
- visualize the process information on multiple locations and provide operator controls.
3. How can Imaretec help you?
Our commitment is to get the highest production out of your dredger and minimize the total cost of ownership. We not only provide the automation software, but we can also provide the necessary sensors and hardware.
For existing ships our experts can make an assessment of the current automation system and the necessary modifications to get more productivity.
For new ships our complete system for monitoring and control of the dredging process offers efficient dredging. Due to the flexible character of IDA we can easily adapt to changes during the design or building. Adding new features to your dredger during its operational life is easy.
With our unique offer based on long term cooperation we provide you with new software updates and functions as soon as they are released after thorough tests. In this manner your dredger automation is always up to date and producing efficiently.
We support your team with training and assistance if necessary.